Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Academy Awards Challenge

As you may already know one of my favorite things to do is watch a good movie. I love movies. You can learn so much from watching good movies, especially a good documentary or biography. I know kids watch too much TV and too many movies these days but heck TV and movies taught me English when I was young. I owe them ;). At home we only spoke Spanish and when I was 7 and going to start at an English only private school, my cousins were held back a grade because they really did not know the language well enough. My mom thought the same was going to happen to me, but apparently I was pretty fluent in the language and there was no need to start me in a lower grade.I have "Full House" to thank for that. Ha.

Back to movies, if I always had my way in life I would very happily watch at least one a week. Sometimes other life events do not allow for this and it can lead to a grump wife. Oh well. C'est la vie. Today the Academy Award nominees were announced and I am DETERMINED to watch all the movies nominated for Best Picture. I always say I'm going to this and I never have. So this is my Academy Awards Challenge. Silly to some, but cool to me ;). There are 10 total and I have seen 4 (The Fighter, Black Swan, Inception, & The Social Network), so 6 more to go (The Kids are Alright, 127 Hours, Toy Story 3, True Grit, Winter's Bone, & The King's Speech). Out of the 4 I have seen, all were good, but The Fighter was my personal favorite. This is probably because I love boxing and biographies. I will let you know my top pick after I see the remaining 6. I hope I am not completely lost with Toy Story 3. I've never seen part one or two (clearly I am not a Pixar person). But I am really looking forward to the others. Which movie are you rooting for?

Go here to see the rest of the nominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment