Thursday, September 8, 2011

San Francisco- Fader Fest

For Labor Day weekend, the Mr. and I took a very spontaneous trip to SF! His gig in Irvine got cancelled Friday so literally Friday night we decided to go. Saturday morning I cleaned, packed and we got on the road. The drive there was not too bad and we got to stop in Palo Alto for some Sprinkles Cupcakes. It was the Mr.'s first time actually in a shop. I don't think he cared much but I was super excited for him. We hit some traffic in Palo due to the Stanford game. Then we made it to the city. The bad part about spontaneous trips is the expensive hotel prices and the lack of availability. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express or something like that. It wasn't too bad since most of them are remodeled nowadays but I won't even tell you how much we had to pay for it. 



 Saturday night we headed to Fader Fest an event which the hubby's company sponsored. It was a lot of really well known hip hop DJs showing their stuff. We had planned to attend this back in July but then the Irvine stuff came up.

The Invisible Scratch Pickles including DJ Qbert. 

 Sunday we met up with my parents who also happened to be up North and hung out around SF. My mom had a delicious frap ice cream thing at a cute cafe-ish spot across the street from AT&T Park, where the Giants play. Overall, it was packed everywhere and parking was impossible to find so we didn't accomplish much else.

 Sunday night and Monday we hung out with relatives we have  in Petaluma and then drove back.
Next time I plan on taking the hubby to more of the touristy stuff: Alcatraz, Pier 39 etc. It was actually on my Baby Bucket List to take a spontaneous trip and I honestly never thought it'd happen, but it did and I can't say I liked the spontaneity of it very much. I'm a planner and a bargain shopper so expensive hotels and no schedule are not for me.

See you soon SF, next time I'll be more ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment